Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Good Bye Nikon, Hello Tamron

I have always wanted to have a good portrait lens. Because I shoot with a Nikon D7100, I was unsure if i should go with 24-70mm f2.8 or to go to a 70-200mm f2.8. After comparing both the Nikon and the Tamron 70 -200 lenses, i decided to go with the Tamron. The quality of the photos and of the lens is amazing and the price is much easier on your wallet.

Yes i will admit that with this lens I shoot most of the portraits at 70mm focal length. 70mm on a crop sensor camera is equivalent to 105, which is a great focal length. It puts just enough distance between you and your subject where you are not invading their personal space.

The other reason that i chose this lens, is that in case in the future i decide to upgrade my DSLR to a full frame, this lens will work perfectly. Also it would work with a converter.

Now after using this lens for a few weeks I have decided to get rid of all my other lenses and get the Tamron 24-70mm. I was amazed by the quality and the Bokeh both of the Tamron lenses create so I will do away with my 18-140 Nikon which broke after 9 months of normal usage. I will also sell my Nikon 50mm f/1.4G as it's not getting the usage that I hoped for.

Here are some sample shots. You can see more samples on my Facebook or Flickr page.




Some non portrait samples.




I purchased my 70-200 from Midwest Photo Exchange via their Amazon page. Check it out here, and read up some of the reviews. Tamron SP 70-200MM F/2.8 DI VC USD Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon (FX) Cameras


Once I clear out my lens collection this lens is my next purchased. I'm already dreaming of the idea of having this in my bag.   Tamron SP 24-70mm Di VC USD Nikon Mount (Model A007N)

If you do decide to purchased one of these lenses, please use the link in my blog to help me further with my photography hobby.

If you have questions, leave them in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment