Monday, November 10, 2014

Columbia Tower in Seattle

On Sunday after spending all morning working on automotive rolling shots I decided to go to catch the sunset at the Columbia Tower Sky View Observatory. I have been in Seattle for 16 years and I have never been up to the observation deck. I think this is a must see place for anyone visiting Seattle. Don't forget, bring your fancy camera with you.




If you do bring your other fancy camera, AKA not your iPhone make sure you get one of these wide angle lenses with you to capture the true beauty from up there. I used my trusted Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 Digital Zoom Lens  Now if you do this at night, you will get glare because you have to shoot thought the glass and there are lots of lights on in the building. My recommendation to you is, press the lens against the glass and that is a last resort or in my case (Cheap/Lazy Man's solution). If you are not like me and you love DIY's, here is a great article from F Stoppers shoot through glass without reflections. Check out that article and you will find some great resources.






No comments:

Post a Comment